Your teeth will darken over time. Changes in the color of your teeth can be caused by such factors as the food and beverages consumed (like coffee, tea and soda). Other known factors for discoloration may include childhood medications or illnesses, tobacco use or improper oral hygiene. Restoring your natural white smile is a priority for our dental whitening team. We can provide a variety of options for whitening your smile. Tooth whitening services are growing in popularity, and it’s one of the most requested services offered by our practice. Everyone sees the growing consumer market focused on whiter teeth. The reality is that over-the-counter, “too good to be true” solutions typically don’t deliver the desired result. We are trained professionals using industry-approved methods. Our goal is to meet the needs of every patient, and every patient’s needs are different. One of the methods used by our practice is the Zoom! System which will whiten your entire smile in one visit. Call us today for a whitening evaluation. Nothing improves your appearance more than a bright, white smile!
Veneers are thin, semi-translucent “shells” typically attached to your front teeth. Veneers are customized from porcelain material and permanently bonded to your teeth. Veneers are a great alternative to otherwise painful dental procedures to improve the appearance of your smile. Common problems that veneers are used for:
- Spaces between the teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
Veneers are a great aesthetic solution to your smile that may even help you avoid orthodontic treatment. Subtle changes to your smile can be achieved with veneers, and in most cases, veneer application is completed in only two office visits. Please contact our office if you have any further questions on veneers.
Crowns and Bridges
Crowns A crown is a permanent covering that fits over an original tooth that is either decayed, damaged or cracked. Crowns are generally made out of porcelain, which gives the restored tooth a very natural appearance. The treatment plan for a patient receiving a crown involves:
- Numbing the tooth to remove the decay in or around it.
- Re-sculpturing the tooth to provide an ideal fit for the crown.
- Utilizing Cerec technology to design a custom fitting crown for the tooth in 1 visit.
- After ensuring that the crown has the proper look and fit, the dentist cements it into place.
This process used to consist of a minimum of 2-3 visits over a three to four week period. However, with the Cerec crown machine, this procedure can be completed in one short, convenient visit. Once the procedure is completed, proper dental hygiene, including daily brushing and flossing, is required to maintain healthy, bacteria-free teeth, gums and crowns. This helps in the prevention of gum disease. Given proper care, your crowns can last a lifetime. Bridges A bridge is a dental device that fills a space that a tooth previously occupied. A bridge may be necessary to prevent:
- Shifting of the teeth that can lead to bite problems (occlusion) and/or jaw problems and resultant periodontal disease.
- Bridges safeguard the integrity of existing teeth and help maintain a healthy, vibrant smile.
- A fixed bridge consists of a filler tooth that is attached to two crowns, which fit over the existing teeth and hold the bridge in place. A fixed bridge is permanently cemented in place and is not removable.
Everyone deserves a beautiful smile. One of the fastest growing ways to replace a missing tooth is by dental implants. Dental implants function and look like natural teeth. Implants are a long term solution. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
What are dental implants?
Implants replace the tooth root and build an area for a crown, bridge, or denture to be attached too.
- Improved esthetics
- Less bone loss
- Easy to keep clean
- Don’t have to grind down teeth next to space
Dr. Hill is currently taking a comprehensive year-long implant continuum to be one of the most knowledgeable dentists in the Dane County Area on implantology. Unlike many other dentists, we only place quality dental implants in patients and refuse to cut costs in treatment while still having one of the cheapest implant options around. From implant placement to restoration, everything will be done in our office.
For more information, come in for a free consultation.
Bonding is a common solution for:
- Fixing or repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Reducing gaps or spaces between teeth
- Hiding discoloration or faded areas on the tooth’s surface
Often used to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. As the name indicates, composite material, either a plastic or resin, is bonded to an existing tooth. Composite bonding has many advantages:
- It is a quick process, which typically lasts less than one hour.
- It does not reduce the tooth’s original structure and is relatively inexpensive.
- Composite resins come in many different shades and provide better matching of shades to the natural color of your teeth.
- Composite bonds, however, are not as durable and long-lasting as veneers and crowns and may need to be re-touched or replaced in the future.
Composite bonds stain more easily and therefore require proper care and regular cleaning. In order to ensure the longest possible duration of the bonding, composites should be brushed and flossed daily. Common staining elements include coffee, tea, tobacco, foods and candy.